2008-03-28

Coach Soltren

When I renewed my USCF license this year, I decided to pay the extra $30 for the coaching exam and booklet. I'm working my way through the book, and hope to complete the criminal background check and the exam within the next couple of weeks.

I find it vaguely amusing that the only thing between being a racer and a coach is a 250 page book. I think having the coaching certification will be useful in making me a better racer and a better Bike & Build leader. I may even take clients one day, though I need to start doing better myself and establish a good record before I do that.

After I take this test, I'll be a Level 3 coach. Going on to Level 2 and Level 1 involves more years, and training camps. I'd also like to eventually be an official and a mechanic. It's not hard.