2010-01-07

Specialized Delays

The glorious SL3 (and it's less-glorious credit card bill) still are not here. Hmm.

3-4 weeks is a little long to ship a production frame, isn't it? Not so, apparently. The Great Specialized Bicycle Making Company, the Apple of the bicycle industry in so many ways, has no qualms about being a tease. I recall how the 2008 Specialized Transition took about six months to hit store shelves; that was supposed to be the great TT bike purchase of 2008. I'll be lucky if I can get my hands on a Shiv for the 2011 race season.

Yes, I admit that it's "hard" to get subcontractors to make a quality product reproducibly and ship it around the world, and it's equally "hard" to evaluate demand. Then again, I'm not aware of any particular delay with the SL3. I saw one in a store and know a friend who has one. If this were Boston I could care less, but here in Foggy California, the race season is already underway!

So, why the wait? I want to get on this thing and start riding it! All of the parts are here!