2012-01-03

[JEP Coaching Scholarship] Report for Week 03 (ending 2012-01-01)

Hello everyone. I spent last week visiting family and fighting off illness, working out when possible. It is good to be home.

Workouts:

12-26 Monday
Prescribed: Travel day - flight to Ohio. Eat well, wear compression tights, stay hydrated, etc.
Actual: As prescribed. The compression tights definitely do help with air travel - highly recommended. I managed to do an hour spin on the rollers before heading out.

12-27 Tuesday
Prescribed: Holiday - take it easy.
Actual: As prescribed - really, I did almost nothing except spend time with people I do not see very often. It was cold and snowing.

12-28 Wednesday
Prescribed: Holiday - take it easy.
Actual: As prescribed.

12-29 Thursday
Prescribed: Holiday - take it easy.
Actual: Workout at Crossfit Energy, a gym in Ohio. It was interesting to go to a different Crossfit gym. The workout of the day involved a total of 100 lunges with a 45 lb plate overhead, 150 wall balls with a 20lb medicine ball, and 750 jump ropes. It was a bit much, way more volume and intensity than I'm used to. Plus, I was getting sick...

12-30 Friday
Prescribed: Holiday - take it easy.
Actual: Felt sick all day, had trouble keeping food down at some point. Bleck.

12-31 Saturday
Prescribed: Travel day - flight from Ohio. Eat well, wear compression tights, stay hydrated, etc.
Actual: As prescribed. Glad that I felt well enough to travel.

01-01 Sunday
Prescribed: 90 minute tempo ride and stretching.
Actual: I went for a 1h20m ride around Arastradero and Portola roads. It was 65 degrees out! Did 30min of stretching and foam roller work when I got home. Happy New Year!

Weekly summary:
Time: 3h51m54s
Distance: 45.78mi
TSS: 187.8

(Distance and TSS only incorporate rides for which I have power data.)

I've copied this report to my blog at http://bikefleet.blogspot.com/, where you can also find past updates, race reports, and more!

Thanks for reading.

--Jose