2008-04-13

Bicycle Number Seven: Photos

First, I'd like to thank the kind parishioners and community of St. Brendan Church in Brooklyn, NY. These wonderful folks welcomed me into their community today, let me tell them about Bike & Build, and helped me raise over $1,000 for the cause. Thank you!

Well , as you already know, I finally have a TT bike! The bicycle itself is a 2007 model year Fuji Aloha CF2. It has two major upgrades: I changed the stock chainrings to an old set of FSA 42/55 rings that I got via Craigslist, and I changed the wheels to FlashPoint FP60s. I spent much of this afternoon tweaking it: getting the wheels on, getting the gearing settled, putting the computer on, and generally starting to do the million little things that make a bicycle mine. I'm still debating if I want to keep the 12-25 that the bike came with, or put the 11-25 on there. (I would gain the 11T at the expense of the 16T, which is a shame, since I really like the 16T. I'll run a gearing chart for a definitive answer.)

When I was searching the Internets for information about the Fuji prior to buying it, I found that there were shockingly few good photos of this excellent bicycle. At work, we have a saying: storage is cheap, so take twice as many pictures as you think you need.



All of the pictures are on my photos site, with useful captions: http://picasaweb.google.com/jsoltren/Bicycle7FujiAlohaCF2. Go take a look!