2008-06-29

Day Nineteen: Driving to Columbus, the City of Driving

Today was an 82 mile day. I was in the van, running various errands, and ended up driving the route three times over.

Last night, Sarah and Emily approached me with bicycle issues. Sarah's right pedal thread was stripped, and Emily's rear derailleur broke following aluminum metal fatigue. As a result, I had to make a bike shop run, dropping the trailer at the side of Ohio SR 16 and driving to Columbus.

Jane's parents and maternal grandparents met us in Columbus, after the day of riding. Her grandfather was an aerospace engineer, and her grandmother was a reference librarian. They're wonderful people, and I'm glad I finally got to meet them. Keith and Ellen (Jane's parents) will be riding with us for the next two days.

I went to bed around 2000. It seemed like the thing to do. I've been pushing myself to the point of starvation, dehydration, and sleep deprivation.